Monday, September 3, 2012

Can I strangle you now?

On Friday the boys run through the door. One stops dead in his tracks, while the other one is bombarding me with notions of looking in his book-bag because he had a surprise inside for me. Now any mom would have a slight hesitation when hearing a boy say he has a surprise. Come on folks, I have had surprise rocks, frogs, lizards, bones, and other randomly odd boy things, so there was a slight hesitation to seeing what was inside of the bag. I open the bag apprehensively, to find a piece of paper. Elijah had a student of the week certificate that he was excited to share with me. So I congratulated him, and hung it up on the cork board above his bed.

I started going through the rest of the papers in his bag, when I realized Peyton walks into the room, SLOWLY and had this very sad look on his face. It wasn't your normal sad look, it was the "I did something bad, and I know your going to fuss at me" look. Someone please explain to me how I have one child who is getting rewarded at school for being a model student, while the other one ends up in the principals office for hitting on the bus. Ok, go, explain.




On a totally different note, I wanted to share something that normally would have frustrated me, but because I laughed so hard, it set the tone for the rest of the day. I was about to head out to apply for a job, so I needed a little bit of good luck on my side, since the job hunt has not been going as well as expected. So the day went like this, started with this convo at about 8am.

"James, I need some luck"
"Macrina, I don't have a leprechaun in my pocket!"
"Damn!"

An hour later, I ran out of gas! Then when I was rescued and got back to the truck I realized there was a locked gas cap on the truck. Thankfully the Puerto-Rican McGyver was there to rescue me, and managed to pop the lock on the gascap. Note to self, you can not get from Oakfield to Dawson Rd on a hope, prayer or fumes!
I did end up doing well during the application process, testing and short interview. I have to go back on Wed for a full interview. I will gas up on the way this time, scouts honor! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment